The Adams Accessibility Committee
“Help one another in acts of piety and righteousness."
- Quran 5:2
At the All Dulles Area Muslim Society, we want to ensure that we are striving to make the masjid and our programs accessible for all members of our community, including those who are differently abled. The first step is to learn exactly what challenges our congregation is facing, raising awareness, and provide opportunities for true inclusion into our masjid and community at large by making programs/events/environment more accessible and welcoming.
To help with this, we’d love to know how we can serve you better. If you or someone you love has any sort of disability please fill out this form:
ADAMS currently provides the following accommodations:
– Wheelchair accessible prayer hall and bathrooms
– Braille Qur’an – available for check out upon request, please fill out THIS form
– Support Group for Special Needs Caregivers – Launching this spring
– Pilot Islamic School program for children who are differently abled – Launching March 2018 – Interested in securing a spot for your child, fill out THIS form
– Series of ASL translated Quran chapters – Coming soon
– Dedicated Special Needs Facilitator
We are currently in the process of getting ADAMS certified by MUHSEN, a non-profit organization that strives to create a better understanding of disabilities in our communities and building a better environment for our brothers and sisters who are differently abled.
The Messenger of Allah SAW said that “The masjid is a home for every believer.”
It is our hope and goal, inshaAllah, that we live up to that standard for the sake of each and every member in our community so that they may find ADAMS a home away from home, regardless of their ability.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact our special needs facilitator
Sohaira Sultan at email@example.com