The All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS) is deeply saddened by the recent Anti-Semitic, Anti-Christian, and Anti-Muslim hate crime at the Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia and the Little River United Church of Christ.
Vandals spray-painted swastikas and anti-Semitic messages, and marred signs urging empathy for Muslims at the Community Center and Church (http://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2017/04/hate-based-graffiti-found-on-2-fairfax-churches/slide/1/).
We appreciate that Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia and Little River United Church of Christ had a Banner in support of the Muslim Community. We must all stand together united for a harmonious America
We appreciate the efforts of Police and FBI in responding to hate crimes and we have asked them to continue to investigate these hate crimes and nationwide threats against minority communities. An attack on any faith and any minority is an attack on all faith and all minority communities. We will always stand united for Religious Freedom and against all bigotry.
We are very disturbed to know that Anti-Semitic threats have been the highest proportion of all hate crimes every year, and to see this trend increasing in 2017 with attacks on Jewish Cemeteries and Community Centers. We also regret the recent increase in anti-Muslim attacks against 130+ Mosques in past 2 years and condemn the recent killings and violence against Muslims, Hindus, and Sikhs. We are deeply troubled by the continued rise of hate speech and crimes against all minority and vulnerable communities.
We will also continue to speak out against the mounting fear mongering, hateful rhetoric and vilification of all Faith communities that can too easily inspire such hate threats and hate crimes. Such rhetoric has no place in America, and we urge all officials to speak out forcefully against any perpetrators of such speech.
ADAMS is a leading American Muslim Community and Mosque in local, regional, national, and international Interfaith relations. ADAMS sponsors and participates in over 100 meetings and events a year with Protestant, Evangelical Christian, Roman Catholic, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, Jain, Latter-day Saints, Sikh, Bahai, and Zoroastrian faiths.
ADAMS is also proud to be involved in the following Regional Interfaith Organizations:
1) Fairfax Faith Communities in Action – ADAMS Executive Director(Imam Mohamed Magid) is the vice-chairperson http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dsm/CIL/fcia.htm
2) Interfaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington – ADAMS Chair Rizwan Jaka is Board Member http://www.ifcmw.org
3) Loudoun Interfaith Bridges – ADAMS representative Humera Subzwari is on the Board and ADAMS-Ashburn Chair Syed Akhter Alam is on the Committee
4) Muslim Christian Coalition to Protect Middle East Christian – ADAMS President Syed Moktadir is Vice-Chair https://hcef.org/programs/mcc/
5) ReachOut International Advisor and Muslim-Christian Federation International (Pakistan)
– ADAMS Chair Rizwan Jaka has been a special advisor for these projects