ADAMS Tysons & Mclean Islamic Center are hosting
Civic and Interfaith Leadership Round Table Discussion on
“Making the Family Stronger and Countering Domestic Violence
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
The Government Leaders joining us are:
- Senator Barbara Favola
- Delegate Jennifer Boysko
- Delegate Kathleen Murphy
2:15pm -Madison Room – Remarks to community after Friday Prayers by Senator Barbara Favola, Delegate Jennifer Boysko, Delegate Kathleen Murphy
2:45pm-4:30pm – Montpelier Room – Leadership Forum and Discussion(Invite only event) –
RSVP to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Event is Facilitated by Seema Sethi – Governor’s Advisory Board on Service and Volunteerism and President and CEO of the Non Profit Society for Enrichment of Asians (SEA)
Discussion will be Moderated by Hunuressa Fariad – ADAMS Interfaith & Outreach Coordinator
We will also be joined by various civic organization and attorneys
- Faith Social Services – Ambreen Ahmed
- 211 Virginia expert
- Jennifer Fulmer, Pro Bono Managing Attorney, Legal Services of Northern Virginia,
- Office of fairfax county on women, and Domestic Violence,
- SEA (Society For Enrichment of Asians) – Satish Korpe
- Attorney Ashok Batra
- Attorney Mehnaz
We have invited other Government, Interfaith & Civic leaders to attend.
- They will discuss the issues relating to families and communities, in particular Domestic Violence and its effects on the victim and the legal system.
- There will be discussion about resources available and the need for additional resources.(ie Attorney, Counseling, Housing, and other needs.)
- There is need of more attorneys and more grants to be provided to Non profits groups to help victims especially in long term cases.
- We also need more Pro-bono lawyers to help victims.
- Experts will talk about their perspective on issues and suggestions